Here are my top five fun farming gifts for kids that are sure to inspire their imagination and a love for agriculture:
1. What can spark a child’s imagination better than a barnyard play set? This playset from Melissa and Doug is adorable. It opens to reveal then inside of the barn, which doubles as the storage area once playtime is over.
2. My son has this Cattle Trailer and Squeeze Chute set and absolutely loves it. He has watched us load cattle on trailers so many times, that he knows exactly what to do with this. (Minus the yelling at each other like my husband and I do. If you’ve ever tried to load cattle on a trailer, you know exactly what I am talking about.)
3. I might just have to order this John Deere Tractor Engine for myself. How adorable is this? If you have a budding mechanic in your family, you cannot go wrong with this little gem. It requires batteries as it has parts that light up and make noises. Trust me, tractor mechanics are worth their weight in gold. If you can encourage learning tractor repair at a young age, it will serve your future farmer well later in life.
4. Gardening tools – My son loves to help in the garden. Ok, maybe he just really likes to dig in the dirt and make a mess. BUT while he is making his mess, he uses these little gardening tools. And I don’t mind the mess so much because at least we are outside enjoying the weather and making memories and not cooped up inside playing video games. Since he now has his own set of gardening tools, mine do not go missing nearly as often as they used to.
5. Lastly, what would a post about farm toys be if it did not include this Fisher Price Classic Farmer Says See ‘N Say? I mean, come on! Who didn’t have one of these when you were a kid? There is a much fancier and more expensive version of this classic available on Amazon, but I have linked to the old-school vintage version because, well, I am of the over-40 variety and it just made me feel a little nostalgic.
Every family has a Christmas Eve tradition. Ours is to open one present. That one present is always the same thing – pajamas. There are pictures of me and my sister on Christmas morning surrounded by our presents, and wearing the most hideous pajamas (or night gowns…ugh). I made it a point to make sure my son always had on cute pajamas for presents (and pictures) on Christmas morning, therefore his Christmas Eve present every year is new pajamas. So, if you want to dress your little angel and farm enthusiast in new pajamas as well, here are some super cute John Deere pajamas for boys and for girls that will go along with the farm gift theme. Check out the links below for more information!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest newsletter by email and your FREE Garden Journal page.